HUGE thanks to The Power of the Printed Word for nominating me! A regularly-updated and active literature blog is kind of rare (I know I’m not one of them 😦 ), so give the blog a look!
– Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
– Write a post to show your award.
– Give a brief story of how your blog started.
– Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
– Select other bloggers you want to give this award to.
– Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide the link to the post you created.
How I started my blog:
I started my blog during the holidays, where I have plenty of time to read! Back then, I thought: it would be nice if I can share my view of a book to everyone. The thought emerged since very little of my peers actually enjoy reading novels, and I don’t want my memory of the books I have read to fade off (I am kind of forgetful). Besides, I want to let the good books known by more people! 😀
Eventually, that view got to other entertainment that I also enjoy, movies and games. Sharing my thoughts on the practice of reading itself is also fun for me (and it makes the blog less monotonous), so I decided to include those too!
Advice to new bloggers:
- Write when you want to – Don’t force yourself to write a blog post when you are not in the mood to write. I know the pressure of wanting to keep the blog updated, but when you write without being in the mind for it, the writing might lack emotion or, say, your usual passion. Of course, there are some people who can craft a compelling, enjoyable piece of writing without being in the mood for it, too! XD
- Don’t forget yourself while writing – Sometimes, you might want to share something that people like your followers will enjoy. That’s a good thing, but don’t let this kindhearted thought deviate you from doing what you enjoy, the reason you started the blog in the first place. Make sure you are also writing about what you like! Don’t solely write things that your audience enjoys, but you are not interested in. Unless you started the blog for the sole purpose of generating followers or to promote your product, of course.
That’s it coming from me! I hope all of you enjoyed reading and I really wish that my points of advice can be helpful 🙂 . I know it’s been a while since I posted literary content, but I promise I’ll get back to it! I’m currently doing my internship and dealing with my thesis at the same time, so I have a hard getting in the mood to settle down, relax, and read a good book (I plan to finish To Kill a Mockingbird soon).
Thank you for being here with me! I’ll update the blog more often soon 😀
Again, thanks for nominating me for this award!